ASV’s art sales compliance training helps businesses and professionals in the art industry who sell, advise, appraise, auction, or exhibit artwork protect themselves, their business and staff.
- Ensure Compliance with Legal Requirements — Regular training in best practices is required by international Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations. Educate yourself and your team on the legal requirements and best practices related to the Know Your Customer (KYC) due diligence in the sale of works of art.
- Mitigate Risks — Learn to identify and mitigate risks associated with the sale of artwork, such as the risk of selling to a money launderer or a sanctioned individual or entity. Through basic due diligence protocols, you can spot “red flags: and avoid entering into illegal transactions.
- Enhance Your Reputation — Demonstrate to customers that you take ethical and legal issues seriously.
- Facilitate International Sales — Learn to navigate the complex legal and regulatory requirements associated with selling artwork overseas.
- Improve Internal Processes — Develop and implement robust internal processes and procedures for the sale of artwork, which can help ensure that you are operating efficiently and effectively.
We provide comprehensive training for staff of all levels, created and conducted by our regulatory experts. Our programs are custom-tailored and include:
Compliance Officer Trainings
AML regulations in the UK and other jurisdictions require an individual in senior management to be nominated as a compliance officer. ASV offers workshops that enable nominated compliance officers to stay up-to-date with regulatory developments, due diligence obligations and industry standard risk management practices.
The compliance officer is responsible for ensuring that all staff involved in covered transactions are trained. Satisfy this training obligation with ASV and help your team understand how the international AML regulations impact art sales and provides practical training on best practices for risk management in the fine art industry.